Thursday 3 November 2011

Questions, Questions

Soundtrack to the morning: silence.  My brain is too distracted to cope with music as well as thoughts.

We'll be thinking in D:Team this afternoon about Ephesians 1.15-23, considering the who, what, where, why and when of prayer, looking at how Paul does it and considering whether our world view is big enough, especially when it comes to how we pray.

I'll tell you what, mine isn't.

I suspect it's not just me who regularly finds that their perception of what church is, who God is, what salvation means and a thousand other things has contracted into something small and piteous.  Thinking through things for this afternoon is going to challenge me in ways I might not be comfortable with, but yey for that!  I've spent most of the morning faffing over how my hair looks, so it's undoubtedly time to expand the old horizons again.

So let's be amazed and excited once again about our amazing saviour, and stop the faffing with the hair long enough to see him for more like what he really is.

And now, a random picture to keep you happy, entitled, Reclaiming pebbles for Jesus #3:


No comments:

Post a Comment